Thursday, January 11, 2007

Introduction

Kate and I, after hearing about the 80 books that President Bush read in 2006 have decided to try to start small, and do just the same. We will both attempt to read 25 books, while working (and not being president...yet). We are including a few books we started in '06 in late December, but we'll be sure to make it all even out in the end.

I (Matt) will be working in three categories at first. I will be reading The Dead Father by Donald Barthelme for my personal book; a student and I will be reading Joyce's Ulysses over the course of the next two quarters; I'll also include books that I read for classes that I'm teaching (Into the Wild by John Krakauer at the moment).

Kate will be going much faster as she will do a book at a time. Her first book is already finished (it took me awhile to get this set up) and it was Gabriel Garcia Marquez's new book Memories of My Melancholy Whores. She is now currently reading The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien.

Expect updates from each of us as we get a chance to read a bit.

No comments: